Pool Cabana Oasis in Oxford, Pennsylvania
Betsy & Matt have a beautiful pool and patio, but an exposed location on a links golf course left nowhere to escape the afternoon sun and incessant wind. SCD was engaged to design and build an oasis of shade for lounging and entertaining as the focal point of this spectacular outdoor living space.
- Provide shelter from the sun and wind.
- Create a light and open area – avoid creating an enveloping “building”. More like a large umbrella than a small building.
- Design to harmonize with the client’s modern tastes, as expressed in the home’s interior.
- Create space for soft seating, bar seating and cooking, all within the “shade footprint” during the afternoon.
- Transitional/Modern design.
- Custom welded steel frame structure
- Roof framed with oversized Douglas Fir timbers.
- Custom fabricated sliding wind/sun screen panels. Laser-cut aluminum panels feature the work of local artist Chris Borai.
- Bar and outdoor kitchen area features granite tile countertops and stainless steel appliances.
- Technology features include Sunbrite outdoor televison, Apple TV & Sonos music systems.
- Sunbrella fabric canopies extend the shade over the bar and grill area.