Green Kitchen Remodeling Project in West Chester, PA
Rob & Jeanne bought their first house on a charming street in the West Chester borough. The old brick home has great bones, but badly needed an update. Spring Creek Design found creative, yet budget-friendly ways to help the young couple express their style and make their home truly one-of-a-kind. Sustainability was also important – reusing existing cabinetry and wood floors saved money and reduced consumption. Sustainable building products were used throughout.
- Update the entire first floor – kitchen, dining, living, laundry, mudroom and powder room.
Create an open floor plan.
Use green building products and methods.
Be respectful of a tight budget.
- Updated kitchen includes bamboo countertops and cork floors.
- Pierce the living room walls with dramatic openings to show brick wall beyond.
- Re-use kitchen cabinets to reduce costs.
- Refinished original pine floors and brick fireplace.