Casa Cielo Outdoor Living Space in Honey Brook, Chester County
2011 Contractor of the Year
Exterior Under $100K
Anyone who has a deck or a swimming pool has used this old cliche when talking about their space: “Oh, we just live out here in the summertime!”
So, we got to thinking…what if you really lived outside in the summertime? What would an outdoor house look like? What would it need to provide? Could you really “live out there”?
Casa Cielo (“Sky House”) is a totally private, mostly roofless “house”, where the owners can really live in the warmer months. Open-air living room, dining room, and bedroom spaces were created.
The clients wanted a modern, spa-like ambiance. Inspiration was provided by the client’s vacations to modernist hotspots Hix Island House in Vieques, Puerto Rico and Orbit In, Palm Springs, California.
- Create an “Outdoor House” around an existing pool.
- Build sustainably.
- Carefully consider wall designs to ensure total privacy.
- “Bring the Indoors Outside” with clean, modern living spaces.
- Living room and Dining room with a gas fireplace
- FSC Certified Tigerwood sundeck.
- Outdoor bedroom and shower.
- Pool house with a bathroom and kitchenette.